Belvedere Hotel, 81 Kings Cross Road, 1938

The Belvedere Hotel's address is variously given as 81 Bayswater Road, or 81 Kings Cross Road. Being right at the junction I suppose either worked. 

The hotel was in large grounds and was just about to be auctioned when the news of the resumptions came through in February 1969.  

I'm yet to find a photo of it, but here is a lovely luggage label illustration. 


The following ad appears in the Catholic Freeman's Journal on 1 December 1938, letting the Catholics know where to stay if they want to be across the road from a church. 

By 2 December 1969, it was gone (photos from the City of Sydney Archives)




It's just roadway now. 

Comments

  1. I'd stay there just to get the label for my luggage. You should make merch for this blog. I'd like that on a t-shirt please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts